The goal of the FAP Program is tprovide Vermont farms with state financial assistance for the implementation of soil-based practices that improve soil quality, increase crop production, and reduce erosion and agricultural waste discharges. The FAP Program alsencourages continued assistance for nutrient management plan update/maintenance and outreach on agricultural water quality impacts and agricultural water quality regulations through educational and instructional activity grants.
* NOTE: Program payments may be at reduced rates if applications are received after the application enrollment deadlines.
- Winter Cover Cropping:
- Applications must be received by August 1 each year; claims for payment must be received by December 31
- Practices implemented March 1 – June 30:
- Applications must be received by March 1 each year; claims for payment must be received by July 15
- Practices implemented July 1 – December 15 (excluding winter cover cropping):
- Applications must be received by July 1 each year; claims for payment must be received by December 31
- Activities for the Educational and Instructional Activities Grant:
- Activities cannot occur prior to program acceptance
For practices implemented between July 1, 2011 and June 30 2012: